5 Components of a Successful Transformation of your Contact Center
- Pawan Jadhav
- June 9, 2021
Intelligent Automation, Contact Center, AI
The digital age has created a new business vernacular. Words that come to mind are Technology, Innovation, Transformation, Automation, Information and Communication. In a traditional call center environment, each of these words helped agents do their jobs more efficiently. As digital transformation charges on, the modern call center is more focused on two words, in particular: Transformation and Automation.
To transform any contact center, there must not be only automation, but Intelligent Automation (IA). These terms and phrases are widely used in other industries, often in association with other phrases, such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA). IA and RPA are part of a somewhat new phenomenon in the call center space, because historically, executives found it hard to justify them and see real ROI.
For organizations with growth mindsets, the transition to contact centers increasingly makes sense. A customized, targeted contact center solution can propel organizations into a new era of automation, but what are the essential components companies need to make the official transformation and speed up IA?
- RPA and workflow automation
- Automated interactions with chatbots
- Automated agent guidance
- Sales automation with personalized recommendations
- Sentiment analysis and AI based analytics
What are the Components of a Successful Transformation of your Contact Center?
- RPA and Workflow Automation: RPA and workflow automation are key ingredients in a contact center, in terms of decreasing the amount of time an agent spends on the phone doing back-office work, during or after a call. It enables agents to setup automatic tasks, which allows AI to handle the repetitive aspects of their daily process. Workflow automation also makes it as simple as switching applications or locating information for agents tasked with inputting data, or even more complex like tasks following up with leads. For example, when a customer calls in with a bill dispute, a bot can automatically adjust the bill, place comments and send a notification, once the agent gathers the category and amount in question.
- Automated Interactions with Chatbots: Bots are an efficient way for contact centers to reduce wait times associated with queues, as well as handle the initial interaction with customers. They can collect details and information on a customer issue before handing it over to the agent, reducing initial wait time, and resulting in more appreciative customers. If the question or concern can immediately be handled by a chatbot, there’s no need for it to be handed over to a call center agent. For example, if there is a known service outage or billing issue, the BOT can service the customer without a live agent handoff. If an agent is needed, the chatbot can assign the call to the most qualified person based on information received. Customer expectations from chatbots are simple: they expect quick responses to simple questions and 24/7 support. They don’t expect friendliness, no expert answers from bots, allowing staff members can step in and set themselves apart. As part of any intelligent automation project, every contact center will need to employ a staff of customer service chatbots. This ensures work is done around the clock, human error is reduced, and expenses are slashed.
- Automated Agent Guidance: This component can help agents tasked with juggling a lot at once, when interacting with a client. Those dealing with sales and payments are burdened with regulatory concerns, including PCI compliance, keeping information secure, keeping medical records HIPAA, compliant and more. Additionally, in today’s contact center environment, a live agent has a lot to remember. Automated Agent Guidance can provide agents guidance on how to handle specific situations., while keeping the necessary these rules in mind. The result is an up leveled compliance and adherence process and calls that stay on track and goal. The technology provides agents with real-time assistance and guidance during client interactions.
- Sales Automation: Sales and marketing automation, as a general term, includes automating just about any task related to the sales and marketing process. More specifically, this could be tasks like customer onboarding and fulfilling interactive and customized call center sales campaigns. Sales automation focuses on simplifying and automating the sales process, ultimately shortening the sales cycle and leading to more closed deals. The best way to do this is to bring in relevant customer information and data to help provide a more personalized experience, which can be achieved by deploying a Robotic Workforce to collect relevant information from multiple systems – at the right time and at the right price.
- Sentiment Analysis and AI Analytics: Sentiment analysis is a powerful tool that call center managers and customer experience leaders can use to learn more about customers and take appropriate action. At Lateetud, we have derived a scoring system (LateeScore) to look at sentiment from two angles – the customer’s interaction, as well as their call history.
A successful transformation of your contact center is only one piece of the larger goal for organizations to adapt processes and systems to the digital era. For more information on what constitutes intelligent automation and how to go about the transformational journey of your contact center, please visit: https://www.lateetud.com/solutions/latcall